Monday, August 07, 2006

The Nanowrimo

Any writer who's been around the internet for a few years, probably knows about Nanowrimo.com National November Writing Month.
Working on a book in several pieces doesn't exactly qualify me for the Nano, unfortunately. It's a contest where you have to write 50,000 words with little or no editing. Just write, write, write.
Sure, the stuff you write is complete bullocks, any first draft is. It's the accomplishment of writing a draft of a novel in a month that keeps people going.
Some November, I do hope to try it. There is a new spin, or perhaps an old spin I'm only becoming aware of now. Nanoblogmo.
You probably get the picture. In the past week, I don't know how many words I've written in my blog, but if I were to keep up at a slightly higher pace, perhaps a bit more, I could probably hammer out 50,000 words in a month. A neat way of doing a novel, or a story, or just blogging.

I gotta go, I have a chapter to edit!

No comments: