Thursday, January 11, 2007

Planning for the MGoun trek, March 29-April 5

Last year, Doug Teschner led six of us an expedition into the Atlas Mountains, including a summit of Mount MGoun.

The guys pose for a photo at the start of the hike.



I'm doing a similar trek this year, albeit a different route, for two reasons. One, by the time we got to the base camp for MGoun, my feet were so sore and blistered from my low quality, not-worn-enough boots, that I couldn't make the last push up the summit.


The second reason I chose this route is the Tessauit Gorge. As I'm leading the trek this year, I want to do something special, and the Tessauit Gorge is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been. It also posed enough of a challenge last year to make the trip have that special memory factor of eventfulness.
















































On the morning we were to leave, we awoke to an inch of snow covering the ground. It gave us an exciting twist to the end of the journey and we hiked over a high pass, and ran down a snowfield as we made our way to back to where we'd parked. This was a five day, four night trek. Mine, if all goes as planned, will be a seven day, six night trek.



1 comment:

linfeng990 said...

Very good article,If you want to earn 5,000 dollars, please visit my blog, the very good fortune make moneyinformation