Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Canadian Public Service Job Search cont'd

A short while ago, I blogged on this subject.

Three weeks ago, I got an email stating that I'd made it to the interview stage for an entry level position in Statscan.

The interview was brief. There were two ladies giving my interview, and they asked me four situational questions. I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to talk about them publicly, I don't remember any promises of secrecy, although I did sign something.

The interviewers asked for a reference letter, which I gave them.

I thought the interview went well, although as I walked out, things came to mind as to how I might have responded better. One of the situational questions in particular niggled on my mind.

They said they would call my references within two weeks (if I made it to the next stage.) It's been over two weeks now, and, as far as I know, they haven't called.

Since todays the Canada day holiday, I'll see tomorrow where things are at and go from there.

No comments: