Saturday, September 26, 2009

Great news X 2

I have two bits of great news to share. Firstly, my daughter Alia was born on Tuesday at 5:24 a.m. Both mommy and baby are doing fine.

Secondly, after waiting for over a year and a half in an exhaustive screening process, I finally got the job I really wanted to get.

I want to say, as I proceed on a career that might place me in positions of controversy and require discretion, this blog is for my writing and to get my creative juices flowing, whether it be opinions, satire, politics, sports, travel or whatever. As you can see with my recent satire, I sometimes try to sit on the other side of the fence and poke fun at political movements I actually support.

The thing I want to avoid most is using my future position and rank to solidify or legitamize any of my opinions. My future job is one where discretion and confidentiality are of the utmost import, so from now on, if I haven't already, I'll try to water down any political opinions or other controversial commentary on my blog.

No comments: