Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Got it - my Guinness Chili Recipe

I was searching through the stacks of paperwork that has to be filed, somehow six months away from home, a long move and getting into a new house has put my paperwork in disarray, not that it was ever really in array to begin with. Is that possible, for something to be in array, I suppose, though I've never heard the term.

Within the depths of my paperwork I found something, my favourite chili recipe, and I'll share it with you now. Although the main purpose of writing it here is so that I have a back up should I ever lose it again.

Ingredients.

2 teaspoons oil
2 onions chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced.
1 lb lean ground beef.
3/4 cup beef sirloin cubed
1 big can of diced tomatoes
1 can of Guinness beer
1 cup strong coffee
2 cans tomato paste
1 can beef broth
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp red pepper jelly OR (hot) 3 tbsp tabasco
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp cocao
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon cayenne
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon salt
2 cans kidney beans
1 to 4 chopped chili peppers depending on desired heat.

Directions
Heat oil
Cook onions, garlic and meat until brown
Add Tomatoes, beer, coffee, tomato paste and beef broth
Add Spices, stir in one can kidney beans and peppers
Reduce heat and simmer for 90 minutes
Add remaining can of kidney beans and simmer for another 30 minutes.

Bon Appetite.

No comments: