Monday, August 05, 2013

Psychic

I don't really understand it. I can't tell you what is going to happen. I might have ten thousand thoughts and dreams splayed out in front of me. Perhaps they all happen, to someone, somewhere, and I never hear about it.

I can think of at least three occasions where I did think, or dream of something and it played out to happen in real life.

One such thing is earthquakes. I sometimes wake up thinking that there is a strange vibration, a subtle vibration. The next day I find out there was an earthquake a thousand miles away.

But it's not consistent. Sometimes the vibration occurs before the earth quake, sometimes after it, sometimes no earthquake is reported at all.

Now that I think about it, that doesn't mean there wasn't an earthquake somewhere. Certainly there are unpopulated areas in the world, and the earth is whatever % ocean.

If a tree falls in the forest... etc.

Breaking news just showed that two boys in Nova Scotia got killed by an escaped python.

I had a thought, or a dream about a python escaping, possibly through a toilet. Now that I think about it more, the thought was based on my time in Africa. The idea of a black mamba or a cobra in bedsheets got me thinking of snakes. That somehow morphed into  a python, which bites and squeezes it's prey to death. I thought of a pet python escaping.

In Nova Scotia, that happened.

Prophetic? No, I don't think so. I'm sure that with 9 billion people in the world, the idea of a python crossed the minds of thousands in the hours preceding this tragedy.

Earthquakes - perhaps it's just dreaming. Perhaps a subtle and forgotten news headline crept into my thoughts, influenced my dream, and bam, I dreamt that I felt the earthquake. Perhaps I have some mental capacity with connection to the earth, and the vibrations that occur resonate with that connection.

The earthquake thing happens when I'm in a semi-deep sleep. I can feel vibrating, and the vibrating continues when I awake. I don't think anything of it. I won't feel it right now, for example, at the computer writing this. It's only when laying in bed, relaxed, at home.

But maybe there are small and large earthquakes around the world every day. Maybe I live in Alberta and the Fracking causes subtle earthquakes close and unreported. Sensing the earthquakes might be a figment of my imagination.

But it's nice to think I have psychic powers.

1 comment:

Twilight said...

Same thing happened to me with Chile Earthquake on 1 April 2014; woke up in London, UK feeling vibrations, convinced my bed & room were shaking but calmed myself down & went back to bed . Earthquakes don't happen in London! & next day earthquake of 8.2 reported on news , weird coincidence or super psychic powers? Who knows.....