Trump may be winning the Republican Primary, but let's break down America's electorate and see what his real chances are against a legitimate Democratic Candidate.
About 60% of Americans are white, and about 40% are non-white.
Considering Trump has been courting the Klu Klux Klan vote, eliminating the chance of getting 99.9% of black people votes, and further alienating Muslims and Hispanics by talking about building walls, banning Muslim travel, and big-brother monitoring Muslim segments of the American population.
I think it's saft to say pretty much the entire non-white vote will go against trump. So before he even gets out of the gate, he's got a 40% disadvantage and is fighting for the remaining 60% of the electorate.
Of those 60% of votes he might still get, nature would say that about half of those are females. While there may be a few females out there who are willing to overlook his demeaning, insult-laden, sexually objectifying views of their gender, I would wager to say that at least half (and this is an extremely low estimation) of white women would not vote for a man who is commonly perceived as a chauvinistic jerk.
So that leaves at most, 45% of the remaining electorate who don't yet feel alienated enough to actually consider voting for Donald Trump.
At this point, he has already lost. 55% to 45% - and that is assuming every single white male, and half of the white females are going to vote for him.
I predict that Trump's presidential bid will decimate the Republican party for a long time as it exposes the racist, uneducated, embittered segment of the American population willing to vote for him.
Exactly what amount of the remaining 45% of voters who might lean Republican will end up selecting Trump will inevitably expose just how damaged, racist, and bigoted the electorate can be.
I wouldn't be surprised to see the biggest landslide in American history as the Democrats take the White House.
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Wednesday, March 16, 2016
The March 1 flood initially forced AHS to shut down four operating rooms, until investigators surveying the damage last weekend found water had also penetrated a fifth surgery suite. Hospital staff say the presence of water in the walls can’t be tolerated in a sterile environment, as it carries a risk of mould and other infection control concerns.